CBA is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
The Credit Builders Alliance (CBA) is currently seeking a dynamic Executive Director to lead, manage and oversee all aspects of the organization while also guiding CBA to the next level of impact. The position offers a unique opportunity to take this successful, innovative nonprofit to another level of growth, tapping new markets, shaping new products and services, and carving a place for discussion and change in the credit building field. Working with a Board of Directors and seven staff, the new CBA Executive Director will have the chance to bring his or her vision and entrepreneurial approach to the organization in order to grow the organization and increase its impact.
- Lead, manage, and oversee all activities of the organization, positioning CBA as one of the foremost authorities on credit building and credit as an asset for vulnerable populations
- Lead staff and Board through strategic initiative and business planning processes designed to clarify vision of the organization as well as identify new business lines and areas for expansion
- In partnership with senior staff, guide core member services and current programs, projects, and contracts to their maximum effectiveness
- Carry chief responsibility for developing and maintaining a diversified funding base to underwrite the organization’s activities and initiatives, that meets investors’ goals as well
- Clearly articulate CBA’s value proposition, its impact, and product growth potential for interested partners.
- Create strategic partnerships that lead to further penetration into markets at risk with diverse products and services
- Oversee the delivery of essential communications flowing from CBA, both verbal and electronic, that provide information, education, credit building tools, and easy access to technical assistance
- Direct the prudent financial management of CBA and the development or refinement of organizational and human resources systems that aid in the pursuit of the CBA mission.
- Provide for all staff a strong day-to-day leadership presence, motivating them towards results and supporting them through inspiration and team building
- Maintain frequent interaction with the board of directors, providing them with critical information for setting organizational direction.
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience in nonprofit environment or customer-service oriented business
- Highly strategic mindset, including the demonstrated ability to develop and execute plans for growth and reach those goals
- Organizational development skills and a positive track record in fundraising and external relations
- Strong leadership skills demonstrating vision and an entrepreneurial spirit along with demonstrated experience leading teams to excellent results
- Entrepreneurial experience in program and product development and getting services and capabilities to market. Proven track record in financial service product and service development a plus
- Highly developed relationship building skills and an ability to positively represent the organization to a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in an asset-building field such as microfinance, credit reporting or lending a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required
- Passion for and commitment to the mission of Credit Builders Alliance
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
The Credit Builders Alliance has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Erin Reedy at https://koya.refineapp.com/jobPosting/apply/667
The Credit Builders Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT CREDIT BUILDERS ALLIANCE
The Credit Builders Alliance (CBA) is a seven-year-old national nonprofit headquartered in Washington, DC. Our mission is to assist economically vulnerable individuals to develop positive credit histories that they can leverage into assets for themselves and their families. CBA has a membership of nonprofits throughout the country who participate in a broad range of credit- building activities. With a staff of seven employees, we provide a menu of products and services that assist members to report to the Credit Reporting Agencies on behalf of their clients, and to receive related technical assistance. For further information about CBA, explore our website at www.creditbuildersalliance.org
ABOUT KOYA LEADERSHIP PARTNERS
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained search and consulting firm that works exclusively with non-profits and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.